The Kwongs, or All About Amelia and Gabriel Too

Monday, April 27, 2009

our little country mouse

before we went to puerto rico, we stopped off in new york for the weekend. two days is just not enough. so many people to see, so much to eat. we basically just went from meal to meal with friends. poppa and i had planned our food itinerary weeks in advance. we learned that our city baby and turned into a little country mouse. here she is covering her ears because of the subway noise:here she is totally overwhelmed by her old playground:

though here she is running happily through our old neighborhood chasing after her friend mac:

and here she is looking pretty fab with auntie jen at our favorite sushi restaurant in new york:

we miss new york dearly--our friends especially. that said, i think i'm turning into a country mouse myself. i've gotten used to sleeping in the relative quiet, the occasional siren, far in the distance. i guess we're staying out here after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Peterson said...

let me just point out that San Francisco, one of the biggest and more cosmopolitan cities this country has to offer, is hardly the "country"!
But I get what you're saying. Glad you're enjoying the (relative) peace.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww. I hear you. I don't think I'll ever get NYC out of my system. It looks like you had a great time.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home